For Adopted Individuals and Families
- How long will it be until I receive my first monthly order? That will depend up on our current inventory levels. After you make your initial request, we will follow up with a ball park date of when you first order can be expected. Subsequent deliveries will happen approximately every 30 days.
- What if I or someone in my household has a peanut or gluten allergy? We are requesting from our donors gluten free bread and almond butter. We plan to have those items on hand for those with these allergies. The request form will ask for allergy information.
- Can I request almond butter or gluten free bread if we do not have any allergy issues? No, we ask that you not request these items if there is no allergy in the household. Please save our inventory for those with these allergies.
- Do you make the sandwiches for us? We ship you the loaves of bread, and jars of peanut butter and jelly. We will ship an amount of these items that is equivalent to the number of sandwiches requested.
- Are there limits on how much I can request? You can request any amount you would like. We will reduce the number of sandwiches if we feel the number is excessive, and we do reserve the right to seek more information about the number of household members and family income. We ask that you not 'over-request.' This will allow us to serve more households.
- Can I request a certain flavor of jelly or a style of peanut butter? Yes, please make these requests in the comments sections, and we will do our best to accommodate.
- I live by myself, my household only has one person. Am I still eligible? Absolutely! We aim to serve single people as well as families.
- Do you offer anything besides PBJ's? I am sorry, we do not.
- Will the bread be fresh? We keep all bread frozen until shipped. It is then shipped in its packaging, and wrapped in saran wrap. If you receive bread that is not fresh, please let us know. We ship USPS priority which should arrive next day within the KC area. Please freeze all bread that won't be used in a few days.
- Do you actually make the PBJ sandwiches for the adopted individuals/families? No, we provide the necessary ingredients to them to make their own sandwiches. It would be unsanitary and unhealthy to actually make the sandwiches. They also would not stay fresh.
- How much does each household get per month? It will vary based upon their need. If a family requests 30 sandwiches per month, we provide the necessary ingredients of bread, peanut butter, and jelly to make 30 sandwiches.
- Is my donation tax deductible? KC PBJ Project is a non-profit organization organized in the states of Kansas. KC PBJ Project is a tax-exempt non-profit organization under section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code. Your contribution is tax-deductible. Please accept the paypal receipt that will be emailed to you as your donation confirmation and acknowledgment.
- Do I get a tax deduction for donating bread, peanut butter, and jelly? Yes. Tax law will allow for a donation equal to your cost of these items. We will provide a receipt verifying your donation.
- Does my donation go straight to the adopted households, or is any of my donation used for administrative costs? KC PBJ Project has no wage expenses. All administrative expenses are covered by us personally as the founders of the organization. Your donation goes 100% to support our adopted households.
- Do you offer sponsorship's? Absolutely. For sponsor information please contact Ryan at firstname.lastname@example.org.
For Adopt A Family Volunteers
- Do I need to pick anything up from your main office before delivering the bread, peanut butter, and jelly to the family I have adopted? No. After you make the purchases of these items, you can deliver them to the family. You do not have to come to us for anything.
- How will you pick my family? The biggest thing we will look at is proximity to where you live. We will work to find a family as close to you as possible. This will keep your travel time down. We also will look at the size of the monthly order in relation to how much you would like to spend on the family each month.
- Do we make the sandwiches? Definitely not. You will just deliver the ingredients (bread, peanut butter, and jelly) to the family?
- How will we know how much to buy? We have that information from the family and will communicate it to you.
- How will I know if changes need to be made each month? Or if they even want to continue to receive an order? Either us or yourself will reach out the family 7 days in advance of their approximate order date to find out this information. We give you the option as to whether you want to make the communication or leave that to us.
- Should I wear a mask when I make my deliver? Yes, you should.
- What if I can't make a delivery exactly 30 days after the previous? That is okay! Give or take a couple of days is just fine.
For Delivery Volunteers
- If I am volunteering to deliver, am I also buying the food? No. Only when you are adopting a family do you purchase the food. With delivery, we will have the food ready. You just pick it up and deliver it to the families.
- How long will my route take? As long as you would like it. We will tailor it to fit your availability and the location of your home.